YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
1. “Site” Defined. Each of the web sites listed under this Section 1, below (collectively referred to herein as the “Site”) are affiliated with, owned by, and operated by RMG. In this Policy where reference is made to RMG, that term also means, includes, and refers to each and every of the following web sites:
2. Changes to the Policy. RMG may periodically change this Policy through updates to the Policy web page. If RMG makes changes to its Policy, a notice will be posted on the home page for each Site for a period of sixty (60) days. It is your responsibility to periodically check the home page for each Site and the Policy page to review any changes. In the event you do not agree with the changes to the Policy, you must immediately stop using the Site. Should you continue use of the Site after a change is posted, your continued use confirms your acceptance of the change or changes to this Policy.
3. Information RMG Gathers. RMG gathers information that you voluntarily provide. Some of that information is “personal information” and some of that information pertains to your usage of the Site (“usage information”).
a. Personal Information. Under California law, the term “personal information” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from Federal, State, or local government records.
The Term “personal information” generally includes information that you voluntarily provide RMG through the registration process, or by responding to RMG surveys, such as address and telephone number. However, a profile administrator’s name and position title are not considered personal information. By creating an account, you agree to display your name and/or position title on the public profiles you manage. Additionally, a user may chooses to make other personal information available to the public by selecting the checkbox labeled “Make public” associated with each data element of your personal information. Personal information also includes your social security number, driver’s license number, any banking information, or health care information; however, RMG will not ask you about those types of personal information and RMG will never ask you for your Social Security Number. However, if you elect to purchase goods or services from RMG through the Site, and you elect to use a credit card, RMG will collect credit card information for that transaction. If you so request, RMG may save or “remember” that credit card information for future purchases as a convenience to you. RMG may also ask you demographical questions about such things as your age, marital status, income, children, religion, and occupation. Unless you voluntarily disclose your personal information on the Site, your personal information will not be disclosed by RMG to third parties except as provided under section 6, below.
For the purposes of this Policy, personal information also includes, but is not limited to, information about you that you voluntarily publish, submit, or post on the Site, such as images, documents, writings, links to other sites, blogs, and other information about you, your occupation, and your family that you elect to publish. This form of personal information, when published, submitted, or posted by you is, by that act of publication, made available to the general public by you and it is, therefore, not protected under this Policy.
The personal information that RMG gathers may include:
(1) Your name and job title;
(2) Your telephone;
(3) Your physical address, mailing address, and Email address;
(4) Your postal zip code;
(5) Demographic information such as your preferences and interests; and
(6) Other information of a similar nature that is relevant to the services that RMG offers, such as advertisements, surveys and special offers.
b. Usage Information. For the purposes of this Policy the term “usage information” means information that is gathered by tracking how you use the Site, which includes, but is not limited to, the frequency with which a link is used and the frequency and duration that a particular page or pages are viewed, and the number of “visits”, “hits”, or “viewings” a particular page, product, or service received by users of the Site (collectively, “Traffic Patterns”).
c. Limitations on the Collection of Personal Information. You may elect to limit or prevent the collection of personal information in the following ways:
(1) Whenever you are asked to provide information to enter, register for, or receive information from a Site, you may decline to do so.
(2) If requested, or if you want, to receive Email promotions or other promotions from RMG, locate and “click” the box that indicates that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. Users of our service may get a quarterly email concerning changes in our system, new functionality, profile statistics, and advertisements. Advertisements will not be delivered unless the User includes a value added message about their account. In addition to the quarterly email, Users may be contacted by email or telephone for account verification, account transfer, site maintenance, or other issues pertaining to the Site. If, at any time, a user desires to stop getting quarterly emails, the User may disable their account.
(3) If you have previously consented to RMG’s use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact RMG to cancel your consent as follows:
d. Personal Information Collected. Personal information is collected by RMG when you create an account. This includes: information used when an account is created, search queries made on Insurance.Report (to track billing) and fire department edits made by account holders on FireDepartment.net. Personal information collected can be viewed by logging into your account.
e. Viewing Personal Information. Personal information collected can be viewed by logging into your account on FireDepartment.net or Insurance.Report.
4. Use of Information Gathered by RMG. RMG gathers personal information and usage information to provide better services through interactive elements, posting opportunities, and content tailored to your interests. RMG may use your personal information internally to improve its products, information, and services. RMG will periodically send you promotional information, Emails regarding products or services, Email notification regarding the subject matter of the Sites, and other information that RMG believes you may find interesting (collectively, “Promotional Information”). RMG may also use your personal information to contact you, personally, to participate in voluntary surveys regarding the Site so that we may continue to improve your online experience.
By using usage information and general information, RMG is able to attract advertisers and sponsors who will offer products, goods, or services that are of interest to you. RMG uses personal demographic information and usage information, including Traffic Patterns, to market the Site to advertisers, sponsors, affiliates, or business partners; however, RMG does not maintain this type of personal information based on the patterns of any particular user and the information used for this purpose does not include personal information by which you may be identified or contacted by third parties.
If you do not want to receive Promotional Information, your options are as follows:
a. You may decline to register to use the Site, in which case you will not be allowed access to the Site; or
b. You may elect to access areas of the Site that are static and do not require you to provide any personal information; when prompted for personal information, you may simply cancel the operation and you will be directed away from that Site.
5. Non-Disclosures. The disclosures of information that are not deemed to be disclosures of personal information by a business for a third party’s direct marketing purposes are as provided under California Civil Code Section 1798.83(d), which is incorporated herein by this reference.
6. Security, Information Sharing, and Notice. RMG will not share the personal information of any particular user of the Site. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You will be provided notice in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay in the event there is any breach of the security of RMG’s data system, which is consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement or any measure necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the data system.
Please note, however, that in accordance with the laws governing Civil Subpoenas, we may be required by law to release information to a third party about your account, including the content of your communications within the web site. Except as prohibited by law, we will send you notice if we plan to comply with a civil subpoena related to your account. You agree to hold us harmless for the release of any information related to your account in connection with a civil subpoena including, but not limited to, any claims that you did not receive notice of the civil subpoena.
7. Website Links. RMG’s Site contains “links” to other websites. When you click on a link, you are directed to a different web site. RMG is not responsible for the privacy policies of such other web sites. RMG encourages its users to read the privacy policies of each web site that collects your personal information before accessing or using the particular web site. RMG is not responsible for, and makes no representations or warranties concerning, the privacy policies of any web site other than this Site and RMG shall not be responsible for any use of your personal information by any other website for which a link is provided on the Site.
8. Cookie Tracking. A “cookie” is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree to allow a cookie to be installed on your computer, a text file is added. Once installed, the cookie helps analyze your traffic patterns. The cookie will allow RMG to track your use of the Site based upon information that you have knowingly and voluntarily provided. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Cookies assist RMG to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives RMG access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with RMG.
9. Consent by Use. By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by RMG for the purposes and in the manner provided in this Policy.
Return to Risk-Mitigation.Group
Return to FireDepartment.net
Return to FireEngineAcademy.com
Return to FrictionLossCalculator.com
Return to Insurance.Report
Return to VolunteerFirefighter.info
Return to nvfirechf.org
• I DO NOT agree. (Exit this website now)